Sunday, September 13, 2020

Hello! This is Melody here making my social media debut. I know, I'm a wee bit behind the times, but I've never felt the need to "put myself out there" until recently when I listened to a talk by Elder David A. Bednar (To Sweep the Earth as with a Flood, Brigham Young University Campus Education Week address, Aug. 19, 2014) that inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and find a way to share my testimony on social media. After fasting, praying and pondering, it was brought to my remembrance that we once had a blog and that that is where I should begin. So here I am. 

My goal is to share the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. As I study the scriptures, General Conference talks, and the Come, Follow Me curriculum, I want to share my love of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the things that I'm learning.

Here's one thing I learned this week while studying 3 Nephi 1-7. In the Come, Follow Me manual, it challenged us to look for the things the believers did to keep their faith during this challenging time. As I read those seven chapters, I found 25 things the believers did or characteristics they had that allowed them to stay faithful during such challenging times. When I've read these chapters in the past, I've always focused on what the wicked people are doing. It was so refreshing to read these chapters and look for the things the righteous people are doing. 

We also live during challenging times and can apply these same principles in our lives right now.

  1. watch steadfastly for signs and miracles (1:8)
  2. cry unto the Lord on behalf of others (1:11-12) (3:15)
  3. lift up heads and be of good cheer (1:13)
  4. firmness in belief (3:5)
  5. noble spirit (3:5)
  6. cry unto the Lord for strength (3:12)
  7. gather together (3:13)
  8. build strong fortifications (3:14)
  9. place guards around fortifications (3:14)
  10. repent of iniquity (3:15) (5:3)
  11. follow leaders with all your might (3:16)
  12. fortify yourself against your enemy (3:25)
  13. arm yourself after the manner of your leaders instruction (3:26) (2:12)
  14. fear God and supplicate Him for protection (4:10)
  15. repentant and humble (4:33) (6:13)
  16. believe in prophets (5:1)
  17. serve God with all diligence (5:3)
  18. industrious, hard-working (6:7-8)
  19. receive railings, persecution and affliction (6:13)
  20. firm, steadfast, immovable and diligent in keeping the commandments of God (6:14)
  21. testify of Christ (6:20) (7:16)
  22. support religious freedom (6:25)
  23. believe in angels, having personal revelation (7:15)
  24. minister (7:17)
  25. believe in priesthood power and miracles (7:19-20)
I'm grateful for the scriptures and for inspired questions that lead me to search more diligently and study things I haven't thought about before. I'm grateful for the happiness and peace that comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. And I'm grateful for these things that have now been written on my heart💗


No comments: