Saturday, September 3, 2022

A Virtuous (Wo)Man

The Come, Follow Me manual highlights Proverbs 31 and challenges the reader to look for the different traits that describe a virtuous women. In addition to this, one of the podcasts I listened to (Don't Miss This) added the thought to analyze just the verbs that are mentioned in this chapter and think about what those verbs look like in your discipleship and effort to become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ.
By isolating the verbs, I was able to formulate questions that help me examine my character traits more closely and see in what areas I can improve.
  • v. 13-seeketh; do I have a desire to look harder? 
  • v. 13-worketh; am I putting in the daily effort to reach my goals?
  • v. 14-bringeth; am I ready and willing to invite others to come unto Christ?
  • v. 15-riseth; am I quick to stand up and help those around me?
  • v. 16-considereth; do I think before I act?
  • v. 16-planteth; do I have faith enough to "plant" and patience enough to wait for the harvest?
  • v. 17-girdeth; am I preparing myself for challenges?
  • v. 17-strengtheneth; do I build others up with my words and actions?
  • v. 18-perceiveth; do I look to see things with a different perspective?
  • v. 18-candle goeth not out; is my testimony always burning brightly for others to see?
  • v. 20-stretcheth; am I willing to stretch outside of my comfort circle?
  • v. 20-reacheth; do I give up on others too easily? do I help others feel loved?
  • v. 22-maketh; do I use my talents?
  • v. 24-delivereth; do I come to the rescue?
  • v. 26-openeth her mouth with wisdom; do I share the things I know to be true?
  • v. 27-looketh; am I an approachable person?
  • v. 30-feareth the Lord; do I reverence the Lord enough to do all He has asked me to do?
Self-reflective questions can lead us to better be able to do what our prophet, President Nelson has asked us to do which is..."We Can Do Better and Be Better"

No comments: