Saturday, April 16, 2022

How has Christ made a difference in my life?

I really appreciated the thoughtful questions posed in the Come, Follow Me manual that helped me think and reflect on a deeper level as I studied the different scriptures relating to the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I wanted to share my thoughts as I read these scriptures with this question on my mind...

"How has Christ made a difference in my life?"

  • Isaiah 61:1-3: As I keep my covenants I am blessed to have His Spirit with me. With His Spirit I am blessed with enlightenment and inspiration.
  • Ezekial 36:26-28: He blesses me with a desire to become better, to continually work on softening my heart and striving for deeper conversion.
  • Matthew 11:28-30: My ability to work through hard things is enhanced as I involve Him in the process.
  • Luke 1:46-55: I know that He knows me personally and cares about me and the challenges that I face, both big and small. This knowledge helps me get through hard times.
  • Romans 8:35-39: As I understand more about His love for me and His desire for my happiness, I rely less and less on the approval of others.
  • Alma 7:10-13: Because of Him, my weaknesses don't have to define me but as I turn to Him they can refine me.
  • Alma 11:42-45: Because of His sacrifice I know life continues after death and that gives me perspective, purpose, and hope in this life.
  • Alma 58:11:  Because of Him, I can expect miracles in my life and recognize them when they happen.
  • Moroni 10:32-33: I know that my best efforts towards perfection will be met with His grace which will make up the difference that I'm lacking.
  • D&C 19:15-19: I know that Jesus has experienced the pains of the unrepentant heart and He pleads for us to repent so we can avoid that same suffering.
  • Moses 5: 9-12: I know that because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ I am given the opportunity to see my transgressions as a part of my earthly progression.
I am grateful to have had the chance this week to study all the different blessings that come to us through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Having a testimony of His Atonement brings a lot of personal peace into my life. It doesn't remove the challenges, but it provides a way through those challenges. I am grateful for my Savior and His willingness to die for me so that I have a reason to live each day with purpose and direction. 

No comments: