Saturday, October 2, 2021

Temple Blessings

The Lord was anxious for the early Saints to build a temple because He had so many blessings that He wanted to bestow upon them. In Doctrine and Covenants sections 109 and 110 we read about these amazing blessings. These blessings can also be added to our list of  "Promises to Covenant Israel" that Pres. Nelson invited us to make last year. (Let God Prevail)

I just want to mention the blessings that stood out to me... (there are a lot more than what I've listed here)

Because of the temple...

  • God's glory will rest upon us and we will feel His power in our lives (109:12-13)
  • We have a way to continually grow and receive a fullness of the Holy Ghost (109:15)
  • We will have a greater desire to repent (109:21)
  • We will be armed with God's power (priesthood) and angels will be with us (109:22)
  • We are given extra protection (109:25-28)
  • Our hearts will be prepared and we will be strengthened during troublesome times (109:38)
  • We can let our hearts rejoice (110:6)
During Sunday lessons I will often hear someone ask this question: "How has the temple blessed your life?"  and I always sit there and think to myself "uhhh, I should have a good answer to this question..." and yet, nothing immediately comes to my mind. I'm grateful that after studying these sections and looking for the blessings we receive by attending the temple, I now have a greater understanding of how the temple has blessed my life.

No comments: