Saturday, December 19, 2020

Testimony of Christ

As I read through Moroni 10 this week, I was struck by the frequency in which Moroni used the name of Christ as he bore his final testimony. Before sealing up this ancient record, his thoughts and his focus are undeniably on our Savior, Jesus Christ. Moroni is a great example of talking of Christ and it is evident in these verses:

  • the coming of Christ (10:1)
  • the name of Christ (10:4)
  • having faith in Christ (10:4)
  • nothing that is good denieth the Christ (10:6)
  • the Spirit of Christ (10:17)
  • every good gift cometh of Christ (10:18)
  • Christ truly said (10:23)
  • the words of Christ (10:26)
  • come unto Christ-twice (10:30, 32)
  • be perfect in Christ-three times (10:32, 33)
  • ye are sanctified in Christ (10:33)
  • through the shedding of the blood of Christ (10:33)
  • the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah (10:34)
I think the reason this stood out to me was because of a recent general conference talk we studied together as a family. The talk was given by Elder Neil L. Andersen in Oct. 2020 called "We Talk of Christ". The part of his message that really resonated with me was his admonition to speak of Christ more in our homes. He said "when your children ask you questions, consciously think about teaching what the Savior taught." As I've intentionally tried to do this in my home, I have found it so much easier to answer the hard questions my kids ask because my mind knows where to immediately go to answer their questions. And being able to answer those hard questions, with my testimony of the Savior, has been a rewarding and spiritual experience.
Reading the words of Moroni as he bears his final witness of Jesus Christ is such a fitting way to wrap up our study of the Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know that my testimony of Jesus Christ continues to grow as I study the words of the prophets written in the Book of Mormon. I'm grateful for this inspired book of scripture that testifies of the plan of salvation and the central role Jesus Christ plays in that plan. I'm grateful to better understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how my choices affect my standing before God. I also understand more fully how merciful God is and how often He will forgive us as we repent and turn back to Him. I love that the character of Christ is that he never gives up on us. He is always waiting for us to repent and return to him. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I'm grateful for the peace, comfort, hope, excitement, and joy I feel as I study, serve, and share the things that I continue to learn from others and from the Spirit.

No comments: